- Saint Lucia Tourism Authority Celebrates Announcement of Several New American Airlines and JetBlue Nonstop Flights to Hewanorra International Airport
- American Airlines to Introduce New Weekly Non-Stop Flight from Dallas, Texas, Starting June 5, 2021
- JetBlue announced a new flight from Newark, New Jersey (EWR) starting July 1, 2021
Almost a year after the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority (SLTA) celebrates the announcement of several new non-stop American Airlines and JetBlue flights to Hewanorra International Airport ( UVF) from major US travel hubs, starting this summer.
“The summer of 2021 will be an important time for tourism, as consumers reconnect with safe travel experiences and our island continues to coexist with COVID,” said Tourism Minister the Honorable Dominic Fedee. “The confidence American Airlines and JetBlue have shown in adding new flights to Saint Lucia from Dallas, New York and New Jersey underscores that demand for travel is increasing and we look forward to providing much needed respite. families, couples and all travelers looking for a vacation break.
“Visitors to Saint Lucia this summer will enjoy a warm welcome from our local Saint Lucians who are ready with a renewed tourism product, safe stays against COVID in our hotels and villas, and the opportunity to relax. immerse yourself in cultural activities and the exploration of our pristine natural environment, ”continued Minister Fedee.
American Airlines announces inaugural Dallas flight to UVF
American Airlines has announced that it will introduce a new weekly non-stop flight from Dallas, TX starting June 5, 2021. The first American Airlines A321 service will depart from Dallas / Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) in 8:40 a.m. Central Standard Time (CST), arriving UVF at 3:40 p.m. Eastern Caribbean Time (ECT). Return service will depart UVF on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. ECT and arrive in DFW at 7:22 p.m. CST. The flight will continue until August 14, 2021 and will return for the winter season 2021/2022.
Demand from vacationers in the Texas area has proven to be strong in recent years, as St. Lucia has welcomed visitors to the Dallas market and its feeder cities via connecting flights. American Airlines’ investment in this new non-stop DFW flight will provide a seamless travel experience for visitors to this region and beyond.
JetBlue and American launch new flights from New York / New Jersey market
The New York Tri-State region is a top tourism market for Saint Lucia, with visitors from the northeast ranking first among arrivals to the United States. Two airlines have added new flights from this important area:
- American Airlines recently announced the launch of a new non-stop service from New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK). Flight AA will begin on June 5, 2021, departing at 8:05 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) and arriving at UVF at 12:20 p.m. ECT. The return flight will depart UVF at 1:20 p.m. ECT and arrive at JFK at 5:43 p.m. ECT.
- Also in the New York tri-state area, JetBlue announced a new flight out of Newark, New Jersey (EWR) starting July 1, 2021, which allows New Jersey residents to fly directly to St. Lucia. The flight departs three times a week on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 8:40 am EST and arrives at UVF at 1:27 pm ECT. The return flight will depart UVF at 2:55 p.m. ECT and arrive at EWR at 7:47 p.m. EST. Mint service offered on certain Saturdays. This is in addition to JetBlue’s existing non-stop service from New York JFK Airport.
Consumers Appreciate Flight Options from Many U.S. Cities
The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority is committed to making continued efforts to provide an increased airlift for Americans traveling to Saint Lucia. Currently from the United States, American Airlines offers daily non-stop service from Miami (MIA) and weekly service from Charlotte (CLT), Chicago (ORD) and Philadelphia (PHL). Delta Airlines operates out of Atlanta (ATL) with daily direct service. JetBlue offers flights three times a week from New York (JFK) and resumes daily flights in April. JetBlue also offers weekly flights from Boston (BOS).
Since the return of the first international flights to Saint Lucia in July 2020, the country has implemented consistent and accountable Covid-19 protocols, providing increased safety to both visitors and local citizens. The Tourism Authority of Saint Lucia and the Hospitality and Tourism Association of Saint Lucia, as well as the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Tourism, continue to work together to provide rapid responses to developments. global Covid-19.